Albany, Gentry County
* August 28, 2013
* September 26, 2013
1109 S. Birch St.
Albany, MO 64402
Hundley-Whaley Research Center Field Day
August 28, 2013
Riding Tours Start at 9:00 a.m.
Tours until Lunch at Noon
Producers can benefit from more than a dozen presentations to help them address current field conditions and plan for next season. The event will feature three tours from 9 a.m. to noon, followed by a free lunch.
The Center, located in Albany, Mo., is part of a network of MU research centers across Missouri, extending the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources'(CAFNR) research to nearly 14,000 acres to meet the regional research and demonstration needs of agricultural producers and natural resource managers.
FREE on-the-spot active carbon testing for soil. Bring a cup of soil from both a field of interest and an undisturbed area (ex. fence row).
- Dicamba-Resistant Soybeans Demonstration
- Cover Crop Establishment and Termination Tips
- Cover Crops as a Forage Option
- Improving the Soil with Cover Crops
- Tillage Radish Management
- Drones- The Next High-Tech Tool for Agriculture?
- 2013 Growing Season and Automated Weather Station Update
- Herbicide-Resistant Weed Management
- Renovating Pastures with Novel Endophyte Fescues
- A New Twist in Forestry
- Cover Crop Garden
- 2014 Ag Outlook, Costs and Prices
For more information, contact Bruce Burdick at 660-726-5610 or BurdickB@missouri.edu.
For detailed directions and information visit: http://aes.missouri.edu/hundwhal/hwdir.stm
The Missouri Agricultural Experiment Station is the research arm of the
College of Agriculture, Food and Natural
at the University of Missouri-Columbia
Site maintained by people at AgEBB