Skip Navigation
 
Thompson Farm

Thompson Farm

George Drury donated the land for the Thompson Farm in 1956. The 1,600-acre research center focuses on beef cattle production systems and crops management. Animal projects evaluate the efficiency and economics of cow-calf management practices; steer/heifer backgrounding and cattle finishing options.

Crop management options (varieties, fertility, pesticide) are also being evaluated. Because of the large cattle numbers, forages receive substantial research attention. Additionally, opportunities for alternative crops are being explored.